We are looking for an experienced and motivated Electrical Engineer to join our company for project and innovative technology development.
- Work with process engineer in developing conceptual and/or detail engineering of power supply systems
- Assist project engineer/leader in defining and monitoring of work scopes, deliverables, schedules, and budget
- Provide detail electrical engineering design and specifications for AC to DC conversion, low and high voltages systems, power distribution, grounding, fire alarm, lighting etc.
- Create electrical drawings, including schematics, wiring diagrams, and electrical equipment layout etc.
- Select electrical and other system components – contactors, circuit breakers, inverters, transformers, sensors, fire suppression system, HVAC, etc.
- Review vendor electrical drawings and power supply design packages
- Supervise electricians for construction
- Perform unit testing to ensure equipment and power supply comply with industry and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate with I&C design and other disciplines
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel
- Must have post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Electrical Engineering. M.Eng. is an asset
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- 10+ years of electrical engineering and design experience, including the design in build construction and industrial facilities
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications and CAD software, including AutoCAD
- Must have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to electrical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles
- Working knowledge and understanding of all relevant building and electrical safety codes
- Knowledge of power systems up to 700VDC, 600VAC, 10KW to 300kW (typical) and higher power systems
- Knowledge of grounding, power distribution, switchgear, MCC, lighting, and fire alarm systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed communication, planning, and work organization skills
- Ability to work in an integrated team environment, and to effectively interface with employees at all levels, and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable and work under tight schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- PLC arrangements, I/O list. PLC programing and HMI programming capability is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested, please send the following documents in your application to HR@aplas.ca
- Your resume
- A cover letter identifying your area of expertise.
- Other supporting documents if applicable.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.