Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com is seeking a talented, self-directed marketing expert to generate awareness and adoption of AWS cloud computing platform in Canada with our government segment. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
This role will be responsible for delivering the marketing content, collateral and customer-facing marketing programs designed to drive further adoption of AWS among technical influencers and decision makers in the government and ecosystem surrounding the Government segment in Canada. Specifically, the role will be responsible for driving content development and demand generation as well as working with the broader marketing organization for successful campaign/activity execution. Successful candidates must be able to recognize the needs of the Canadian government customer and use this understanding to create targeted customer facing campaigns.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the public sector, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to quickly grasp technology concepts. Candidate must be able to generate and present best-in-class content, collateral and sales tools and be well versed in leading edge digital marketing campaign development and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Build the strategy and execute on the marketing tactics focused on awareness, adoption and usage of AWS among government (municipal and central) customers.
· Develop core marketing campaigns, assets, and content.
· Track key metrics and KPIs and insuring all established goals, objectives and deliverables are met.
· Craft and develop compelling campaigns and tools focused on customers for use on the web, at live events and in customer facing programs.
· Work closely the rest of the Public Sector marketing team to distill key functionality and benefits into core marketing messages that resonate with the government audience in Canada
· Contribute to the go-to-market approach by working with the rest of the Public Sector team to develop awareness programs and lead generation campaigns, spanning digital, PR and in-person campaigns.
· Identify and execute breakthrough marketing activities that reach target audiences.
· Deliver clear, concise content for websites and social media.
· 5-7 years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology companies/products to public sector IT customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Solid understanding of Canada government industry and procurement
- Proven success marketing to the Canadian public sector
· Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple campaigns/activities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Track record of successful campaigns with aligned metrics
· Developed effective marketing campaigns within tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology product success.
· Bilingual French/English speaker
· Experience in marketing B2G technology solutions is preferred, as well as understanding of government procurement techniques.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools preferred, such as Salesforce, Marketo, Adobe CQ
· Ability to distill key tech functionality and benefits into core marketing messages that resonate with government audiences
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem-solve.
· A strong team player – comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
· Ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation