Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s leading cloud computing provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and numerous other services. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’ multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
We have an immediate opening for a Contracts Manager to support the AWS World Wide Public Sector team supporting all of Canada with an attention on Canada Intelligence Community. The position will be based in Canada (Ottawa preferably or Toronto) and has a strong focus on pre and post award contract management. Responsibilities will include: maintaining contractual opportunities; assisting in the formulation of contract policies, procedures, methods, and operating practices; and creating performance standards for a variety of Government programs.
You will participate in and oversee group reviews of all customer contractual and purchase documents, coordinate legal activities for contract/agreement negotiation, and support the competitive bid process in reviewing RFPs and ensuring ability for contract compliance. You will maintain contract records/files and manage, track, and insure adherence to all contractual obligations. This position will require a strong desire and ability to develop and implement tools and processes in contracting operations to increase efficiency and sales productivity. You will also support the sales team in helping to educate government contracting officials on AWS cloud services and advise them on contracting issues and approaches to cloud computing with respect to commercial terms and conditions as well as acquisition policy and regulations.
This position requires the candidate to have: an eye for detail; exemplary follow through skills; an ability to identify and drive global process improvements; a willingness to coordinate between sales, operations, and legal teams; and outstanding communication skills with internal and external customers.
· 8+ years of contracts management or other comparable experience with the Canada Government market.
· Experience managing large technology focused Military and/or IC contracts.
· A background with government contracting officials, systems integrators, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers.
· University Degree or equivalent experience
· Significant contracts management or other comparable experience within the Canadian National Security market.
· Top Secret Security Clearance or the ability to achieve.
· Experience working with partner programs (reseller programs)
· Experience in reviewing and negotiating legal terms of a broad range of enterprise technology commercial contracts
· Experience in CLM tools and Salesforce
· English/French speaking