At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Point of Care is a worldwide leader in providing with-patient care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT® System family of with-patient products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centred environment while driving operational performance. We are headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with more than 1,500 global employees and a presence in 84 countries. Our 46,500 square metre, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, Abbott Pointe, is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Status: Full Time/Permanent
We are currently seeking a Senior Buyer Planner for our Ottawa test cartridge manufacturing facility. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for executing the MRP for a select portfolio which includes plastics. The position requires strong planning, analytical, and Excel skills. The Senior Buyer Planner will have the ability to quickly analyze data and rebalance inventory to provide an optimal service level of performance.
- Establish purchasing attributes for all material. Attributes to include are buyer codes, safety stock, lead-time, min/max levels, lot size, ROP’s and ABC classification.
- Responsible for portfolio inventory cash flow target, balancing stock level, supply risks and PPV to generate the best financial outcome.
- Ensure that procedures referencing material planning and procurement of raw materials are developed and or updated on a quarterly basis. These documents need to be reviewed every quarter to ensure that we are up to date and in compliance.
- Update supplier files to include all appropriate documents and appropriate signatures for each as events occur. Review these files on a quarterly basis to ensure files are updated.
- Maintain and update regularly the Demand file(s) or other MRP documents in order to drive the proper signals for supply and demand.
- Ensure no disruption or stock out of raw material supply occurs based on the demand profile that is built into the Assytrak/Demand file/MRFPRO or other systems.
- Document the end to end lead time from forecast to point of usage with specific detail on each step for both external and internal materials.
- Ensure that all material has arrived on specific deadlines and into stock. Pull appropriate resources together in order to meet deadlines if held by Supplier, ER or Quality.
- Resolve and document purchase order discrepancies such as non-conformances, shortages, or price discrepancies with suppliers.
- Ensure no disruption or stock out of raw material supply occurs based on the demand profile that is built into Assytrak/Demand file/QAD or other systems.
- Monitor and manage daily raw material component requirements. Place purchase orders, purchase order confirmation and manage lead times and Kanban execution.
- Review purchase order acknowledgements daily for compliance to price, delivery and other terms and conditions. Verify accuracy of materials received per print or order; verify invoices to ensure payment terms and discounts are accurate.
- Participate in researching and negotiating commodity purchases. Compile price data from various suppliers and assist in preparing formal purchase documents.
- Serve as a supply chain liaison between the Company and the commodity supplier. Capable of developing long-range forecast and capacity planning with APOC plant and the supplier to ensure long-term supply continuity.
- Analyze usage history of inventory stock items and market conditions. Suggest changes to the commodity purchase plan and safety stock level.
- Ensure purchase transactions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Acts subject matter expert for commodity and provide guidance for all activities including audits, and quality and supply chain requirements.
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required
- Requires a minimum of 6 – 10 years of related work experience
- Proficient in MRP systems and supplier management.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to apply business concepts, procedures and practices to daily tasks.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Office, PowerPoint.
- Intermediate knowledge of Tracksuite, supplier databases, etc.
- Handling a large amount of work efficiently and effectively and adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment and initiative in dealing with a variety of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to influence and lead without direct authority.
- Customer-focused and continually seeks to understand customer needs, concerns and priorities and to meet/exceed customer expectations and requirements.
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
APOC Point of Care
Canada > Ottawa : 185 Corkstown Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)