VistaCare Communications, a leading technology solutions provider, is currently seeking an experienced Structured Cabling Estimator to join our Integrated Communications Solutions (ICS) Division in the greater Ottawa, ON area for a permanent, full-time position. The ideal candidate will possess strong industry relationships in the Ontario market and must be willing to establish new relationships within the construction/contractor community to generate new business. The Estimator will be responsible for the accurate, timely preparation of full-cost estimates for projects, including materials and labour. This individual's accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively prospect to uncover and develop new business opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and manufacturers
- Conduct needs/requirements assessment and provide solutions that meet customer expectations
- Promote the company’s products/services to new and existing accounts
- Effectively implement the bid strategies required for the company to be successful.
- Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out projects according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
- Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency.
- Review customer/bid requirements and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Review all final estimate packages with manager to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Present estimates and conduct review meetings with clients.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Exceptional time-management skills and attention to detail.
- A strong team player.
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized.
- 3-5 years of experience in structured cabling estimation.
- RCDD designation is preferred
- Background in Electronics/Electrical/ Structured Wiring/ IT.
- Experience developing budgets and creating reports.
- AutoCAD, Visio, Bluebeam experience an asset
- Valid driver’s license; clean driver abstract.
- Willingness to work overtime as required to meet deadlines.
- Travel through Southern Ontario may be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record and federal government secret level 2 security check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level.
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employer-match RRSP group plan.
If you think you're the perfect fit for our team, please apply now!
Complete the steps of the application and attach your resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.