Come join us!
Assent Compliance is the leader in cloud-based compliance automation software. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and engaged company with the mission to make the world a better place with our software. We are looking for a full-time, permanent Supplier Engagement Specialist to join our fast-paced Customer Experience Team.
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, the Supplier Engagement Specialist will report to the Manager, Supplier Engagement. The Supplier Engagement Specialist will support the Supplier Experience team in obtaining declarations and other important information from non-responsive suppliers - an important task that will impact Assent Compliance’s most valuable assets - our clients and our data.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Program Managers to ensure steps are being taken to obtain program and success;
- Remain knowledgeable of Assent’s product and service offerings;
- Engage with unresponsive suppliers and help troubleshoot any inquiries or issues navigating our portal;
- Possess basic to intermediary regulatory knowledge in order to consult with suppliers in providing the requested information;
- Proactively engaging with our client’s suppliers via phone and/or email to onboard them to our platform and enhance user experience;
- Work with the rest of the Supplier Engagement team to strategize enhanced ways to proactively engage with our client’s supply chains;
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards;
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties. Responsibilities may be altered and/or added from time to time to meet business needs
Who you are:
- Committed to providing excellent customer support over the phone and email, representing Assent in the most positive, professional and effective way;
- You anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others and are always thinking about how you can best support them;
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills - ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines;
- You are highly adaptable, flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment;
- You are naturally curious about technology or how things work;
What you should bring:
- At least one year of experience in a customer service role;
- Excellent phone etiquette - you are able to handle a large volume of repetitive tasks with grace and vigour;
- Superb interpersonal skills - you are able to establish great cross-functional relationships in a collaborative environment with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- University, College and/or Post Graduate Certificate in Business, Marketing, Environmental Studies or equivalent experience;
Nice to have:
- *Japanese and German language skills are our current high priority.
- Proficiency in Portuguese, German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Polish and/or Japanese is considered a strong asset;
- You have grit- you are conscientious, will always work towards providing solutions over excuses and are dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results;
- You consider yourself a lifelong learner - you have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, are always striving to self-improve, and are coachable
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills, will also be considered.
What We Offer You:
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East End across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Assent is an equal opportunity employer.