Come join us!
Assent Compliance “Assent” is the leader in cloud-based compliance automation software. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and exciting company with the mission to make the world a better place with our software. We are looking for a full-time, permanent Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join our fast-paced Inspections Team.
As an Intermediate Full Stack Developer with Assent Compliance, you will work on the whole web development stack, from server to HTML. You are responsible for creating new features and advancing the Assent Compliance Platform. You play a supporting role in defining solutions to complex problems. Through your passion for software development, proven object-oriented design skills, you will produce quality code and proactively communicate with other stakeholders regarding business requirements.
What you will do:
- Develop software programs according to Assent’s software development life-cycle (SDLC) process;
- Develop software that follows Assent’s Design Guidelines and Coding Standards;
- Develop software that adheres to Assent’s Security Guidelines (part of Design & Coding Standards);
- Document and articulate software designs as part of the SDLC process;
- Contribute to requirements review; may provide task estimates;
- Participate in software development as part of a Scrum team;
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards;
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills, will also be considered.
Who you are:
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills - you are able to juggle multiple deadlines and prioritize effectively;
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to learn and apply new technologies, tools, and practices;
- Superior interpersonal skills- you are able to establish effective cross-functional relationships in a collaborative environment with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders including Developers, Customer Success and Designers.
What you should bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 3-5 years software development experience (preferably web application development);
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented programming;
- Experience with SOA, RESTful services;
- Experience developing enterprise web applications;
- Experience with the .NET framework and C#; OR experience with AWS and its development platform and services (NodeJS, noSQL);
- Experience with AngularJS is an asset;
- Experience with MS SQL Server;
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office Suite and Google Applications ;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Agile practices and concepts;
- Knowledge of build pipelines and DevOps environment;
- True passion for solving technology-related puzzles;
- You are intellectually curious with excellent problem-solving skills.
What We Offer You:
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East end across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to