Come join us!
Assent Compliance “Assent” is the leader in cloud-based compliance automation software. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and engaged company with the mission to make the world a better place with our software. We are looking for a full-time permanent Data Manager to join our dynamic Data Team.
The Manager, Data Services will be responsible for managing the Data team and data processes for Assent’s SaaS product. This role is accountable for the quality and reliability of data throughout its lifecycle in the product. The Manager, Data Services and Data team work in close collaboration with the Customer Success team to ensure all data services (input, output, stewardship) meet requirements and data quality guidelines and processes. Additionally this role works closely with the Architecture and Development teams to ensure new and existing data structures provide the best possible performance and reliability for our customers. Finally, he/she will also provide coaching and development opportunities, helping engage, improve and grow the Data team.
What you will do:
- Provide overall direction/management to Data team to ensure scheduled commitments are met;
- Lead team(s) of Data specialists in the design, development and implementation of data management packages and programs;
- Manage data services projects and initiatives by monitoring progress to plan and proactively making necessary adjustments to meet delivery schedule, and requirements;
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are clearly defined;
- Establish and maintain good constructive working relationships between the data team and the rest of the organization including software development, customer success, product management;
- Recruit, train, manage, and empower an engaged and competent Data Management team;
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards;
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Who you are:
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English - you communicate clearly, concisely and with tact
- Experience with data access design patterns is an asset
- Experience with Talend is considered an asset
- Propensity to stay calm and reasonable under pressure
- You are a critical thinker, you love to learn, and are continuously willing to adapt to and help shape improvements to systems and processes
What you should bring:
- 5+ Years of experience in managing a technical team
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services;
- 3+ years data integration experience
- 2+ years physical and logical database design
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
Nice to have:
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge - you consider yourself a lifelong learner
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment - you are highly adaptable, flexible and deal well with ambiguity
- You are naturally curious about technology and how things work
- You have grit - you are conscientious, driven, and will always work towards providing solutions over excuses
What We Offer
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East End across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Assent is an equal opportunity employer.