You will contribute to the routing and forwarding infrastructure for Cisco’s Enterprise networking flagship products. You will be a leading member of a diversified software development team that drives projects in networking architecture development. You will be innovating and developing new solutions to complex problems.
- Develop new routing and forwarding features according to requirements for our enterprise networking products
- Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems from Customers and Quality Assurance
- Interpret business specifications and perform analysis/design functions
- Create design specifications
- Create unit test automation
- Prepare system documentation as required
Who You'll Work With
The team is responsible for the development of networking infrastructure to support the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA), an open, programmable architecture that turns business intent into business results. The software we are building will be used in millions of devices to build networks all over the world. You will be part of a phenomenal team of engineers with a diverse set of experience and knowledge. This position offers a great opportunity for you to learn, and for us to learn from you.
Who You Are
- Software engineer with 7+ years of experience with a BS/MS in engineering or computer science
- Expert programming skills in C.
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies as they relate to forwarding and routing protocols
- Experience with OS infra-structures, Linux as an embedded system
- Experience with switch/router system designs and implementations
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience with test methodologies and automation
- Strong written and verbal communication, experience in presenting ideas/concepts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize them and manage time effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate past experience designing, leading and implementing innovative solutions of significant technical complexity in a multi-team setting
- Self-motivated, highly ambitious, has a desire to challenge the status-quo
- Python and LUA knowledge would be an asset
- Previous experience owning large portions of software from a technical perspective
- Have experience in customer deployment
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.