A solid user experience is critical for adding unquestionable value to end users and to wide product adoption. This isn't about building old-fashioned web applications and data forms - it's about understanding large quantities of data and providing stunning visualizations to offer crucial insights in ways that have never been seen before.
There is nothing average about what we do on the CENX team and we aren’t looking for average people - if you are exceptional, then you will fit right in. To succeed you must appreciate that everything matters – every feature, every team member, and every user. It all matters all the time. We rely on innovative thinking to come from every member of the team – we know brilliant ideas can come from anyone. If you can envision a path outside of the ordinary and bring unparalleled skills to CENX then we definitely want to talk to you.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant web applications. In this role, you will be directly involved in designing and implementing state-of-the-art big data, big web applications with leading-edge technologies.
- Contribute to overall direction within our world-leading development team
- Help your team break down, size and plan work items
- Participate in code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback to teammates
- Measure and analyze performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and deployment sizing
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers and contribute to team harmony, cohesion, and effectiveness
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years of software development experience with emphasis on UI application development and API design
- Proven ability to lead/guide development teams to build exceptional software
- Proven ability to analyze business requirements, then propose and/or evaluate corresponding technical solutions
- Capability to design and document complex software requirements specifications
- Competence with one or more technologies from each of the following categories:
- Functional programming (Clojure/ClojureScript, Scheme, Lisp, Scala, Erlang)
- React, Redux, Mobx
- HTML, CSS and Sass or LESS
- Apache Spark, Solr, Cassandra
- Unit testing, TDD, test automation
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: data visualization, performance and scalability, software design, Carrier Ethernet, OSS software design and implementation, operating systems