At Neptec, the Electrical Engineer designs, develops and implements electronic systems or sub-systems comprising multiple integrated circuits, discrete components and printed circuit boards. He or she will interpret application requirements, sources and select components, ensuring correct interoperability between selected components at both the electrical and functional levels. Generally, he or she will be required to test and debug designs once prototypes are built, and create required design documentation. May be required to handle mechanical issues of connectors, PCB form factors, heat dissipation and/or regulatory compliance. May also include FPGA design and some low-level software development to test boards in lab environment.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently applies engineering principles to complex projects relating to the design of products or tools.
- May be required to assist on problems of diverse scope where independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions are made.
- Performs circuit card level design and testing for both analog and digital circuit cards.
- Prepares and maintains design documentation including:
- Circuit card design specifications,
- Board-level test procedures and reports,
- System test procedures and reports,
- Engineering change notices,
- Derating analysis, worst case analysis, FMECA, reliability analysis.
- Conducts and documents engineering performance and budget analysis.
- Conducts and documents investigations of hardware anomalies and failures.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent,
- 3-5 years related experience,
- Analog and digital design experience (requirements definition, schematic capture, design analysis, board layout, integration in lab, qualification testing),
- Schematic capture, board layout and signal integrity analysis,
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines,
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt,
- Strong documentation skills,
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Familiarity with radiation analysis and EEE-INST-002,
- Design for EMI/EMC compliance,
- Knowledge of FPGA design,
- Custom power supply design,
- Design experience for the military or space industry.