Neptec Design Group is looking for a Junior Vision System Engineer to participate in the development of next-generation 2D & 3D vision systems for Space exploration applications. The candidate must be experienced with state of the art techniques used in 2D and 3D computer vision. The candidate will also be experienced with software development, optics, data analysis and lab work.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, prototype and characterize 2D/3D data processing and machine vision algorithms.
- Design, implement and document 3D vision system software in C/C++ on Windows and embedded processing platforms.
- Interface with hardware including cameras, 3D sensors, motion sensors and robotics.
- Design and perform tests to characterize the performance of vision systems against customer requirements.
- Support flight system testing, integration and mission operations.
- Document and present work done to management, customers and at other venues (like conferences).
- Assist with ongoing development and maintenance of, and adherence to, Software Development standards and processes.
- Plan, estimate, track, and communicate project status with regards to time, content, performance, and quality.
- The position involves enhancement of current system capabilities and creation of new capabilities.
- The position may require travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Degree in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a specialty in computer vision or image processing. Related degrees may also be considered.
- 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in design, implementation and characterization of computer vision systems (especially 3D), either through graduate studies or industry work.
- Familiar with Object Oriented software design and development in C++.
- Experience in 3D visualization software design, either with OpenGL or DirectX.
- Familiarity with 2D/3D machine vision concepts and algorithms.
- Knowledge of technologies and techniques used in 3D sensing.
- Knowledge of data analysis (e.g. Matlab) and computer vision software (e.g. OpenCV).
- Strong math skills with good knowledge of kinematics.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Experience in the Aerospace sector.
- Knowledge of optics and optics design.
- Familiarity with MFC and/or QT development.
- Familiarity with Python.