As a Top 25 Great Place to Work® recipient and one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way users experience TV across mobile, tablet, and connected devices. Interested in building the future of TV? Our Development team is growing!
This is a great opportunity for innovators that value beautiful design, and who have a keen interest in developing apps that impact millions of users across the globe. Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to cutting-edge, graphics-intensive cross-platform applications.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative Agile team to push innovation forward.
- Day-to-day work will include daily stand-ups with your awesome team, working collaboratively in your pod area with Product Management, Testers, UX and of course, fellow developers.
Our tools include Github, Jira, and your IDE and OS of choice.
What you bring to the table:
- You will have access to readily available support from your team with the many cool technologies that we work with.
- A strong sense of curiosity and interest in learning new technologies.
- You like to iterate quickly and enjoy improving the performance of existing features.
- You have prior experience in development with a strong command of object-oriented principles.
- You have built apps using C++ (ideally 11/14)
- You have experience with web services
- You have a strong interest in developing 2D and 3D applications.
- You can walk us through manipulating assets (geometry, images, sounds).
- You've used popular toolkits to build some impressive user interfaces.
- Bonus points if you have built apps for Android or iOS.
- Even more bonus points if you've contributed to an open sourced project and have either a Github account or portfolio we can take a look at.
What we can offer you:
- A supportive and inclusive environment that fosters development and building lasting friendships.
- The opportunity to work with Top Tier Media companies and household names.
- The opportunity to travel to some pretty amazing places - if you're open to it.
- Flexible work hours - are you an early bird or do you love to sleep in?
- Bottomless coffee and a wall full of snacks!
- Want to hear more? Check out our employee handbook.
The TV industry is changing at a rapid pace, with streaming video, multiple screens and over-the-top video offerings becoming the new normal, fast. Brands such as NBA, Disney, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, Fox and the Canadian Football League are spearheading direct-to-consumer strategies using You.i Engine-powered TV applications. You.i Engine has been licensed in major industry genres, including entertainment, kids, sports, and news.
You.i TV welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Keep up on all things You.i TV by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.