Reporting to the Vice-President, Marketing and Communications, the Director, E-Commerce and Marketing Communications will define the corporate Digital strategies within the context of the Royal Canadian Mint sales and marketing objectives. The incumbent is a thought leader on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of digital systems in support of an integrated approach to delivering targeted, meaningful customer experiences that ultimately drive sales and profitability? The position is also accountable to direct the development and delivery of all marketing campaigns for the RCM products and oversee Corporate Brand management to grow and leverage the Mint's equity for maximum business results and to protect from reputational risk. The incumbent is responsible for leading a team of approximately 3 people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of digital strategy inclusive of a 5 year multi-platforms (email platform, data management platform, etc.) and multi devices roadmap (responsive web / IOS and Android mobile / app / social media), financial projections, business case, resources, technology and investment requirements to ensure an optimal customer experience within the context of the overall multi-channel environment.
- In collaboration with offline marketing leads, develop and execute robust integrated sales and marketing plans demonstrating specific activities to achieve objectives including revenues, contribution margin, new customers acquisition, customer share of wallet growth, retention,Ã brand awareness and ensure customer contact management is aligned under a single plan.
- Develop annual digital development and sales budgets, forecasts and financial models supported by advanced KPI frameworks and dashboards in support of achieving multi-channel objectives.
- Drive online sales revenues and the digital components of overall new customer acquisition campaigns / methodologies including but not limited to SEM, SEO, PPC, Affiliates, Display and retargeting.
- Lead and manage ongoing optimization of targeted email marketing programs and related KPI, in accordance with CASL requirements, leveraging inputs from CRM and other business intelligence sources to drive customer retention and share of wallet growth.
- Own, manage and execute the onsite merchandising and conversion along with the strategic and technical elements of online customer wallet share / basket growth through cross-sell / up-sell activities, product promotions, price promotions, special campaigns etc.
- Assess and implement sales opportunities to maximize digital revenue and profitability inclusive of new technologies and tactics along with 3rd party market places / sites and partners.
- Maintain strong relationships with critical stakeholders that include internal and external technology providers and suppliers as well as Marketing Communications and media agency.
- Motivate and manage a team of digital experts and campaign marketing specialists to deliver maximum online/mail sales and profitability and a branding creative services team to achieve high quality and cost effective development of creative external marketing materials and internal communication tools.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Mint policies including planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance under rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop a fully integrated annual marketing communications plan, aligned to corporate and commercial objectives, setting out objectives, targets, and key activities.
- Lead the development of breakthrough campaigns that feature superior creative, media, and copy strategies.
- Build brand equity, customer engagement, and competitive advantage through the development of relevant and integrated communication programs that are solidly aligned with the RCM's brand management strategy.
- Lead and manage all external agency relationships, including strategy, creative, media planning, budget management, and performance assessment.
- Direct external agency activities across a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional/emerging channels, including print, direct marketing, e-mail and mobile marketing, loyalty marketing, social media, digital marketing, web content, and search engine marketing.
- Oversee the RCM's social media strategy and activities.
- Integrate CRM principles to develop effective segmentation and targeting strategies.
- Direct market research activities as needed.
- Continually develop and implement performance measurement activities to ensure maximum ROI of all marketing communications activities.
- Manage the assignments and relationships with leading agencies in brand and mass media, direct, email and loyalty marketing, social media, and online advertising.
- Oversee Corporate Brand management to grow and leverage the RCM's equity for maximum business results and toÃ protect the organization from reputational risk.
- Lead the internal Branding CreativeÃ Services team for the high quality and cost effective development of creative external marketing materialsÃ and internal communication tools.
- An undergraduate Business / Commerce / Digital / e-commerce degree (preferably and MBA) or other relevant graduate discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of digital sales and marketing leadership
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience
- Bilingual (English and French) mandatory
- Deep experience and a record of success leveraging key digital advertising and traffic drivers that include SEM, SEO, PPC,Ã Affiliates, Display and retargeting as well as optimizing and implementing DMP and CMS
- A demonstrable mastery of customer segmentation models and their use in developing targeted sales and marketing activities
- A data guru who leverages wide ranging, relevant insights and analysis to support longer term strategy, as well as shorter term tactics and optimization
- Marketing Business Acumen Ã¢ Strong understanding of the key drivers of customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, share of wallet growth, retention, loyalty and advocacy and brand reach
- Extensive executive-level strategy development, financial planning / business casing and communications skills that are attuned to senior level audiences
- A deep understanding of and ability to interpret attribution models in both the online and offline contexts
- An inspiring, collaborative leader who is capable of developing teams and also designing an organizational model that attracts and aligns the right sills sets / resources with critical business objectives
- Expert-level project management skills
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax: (613) 998-0272
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.