Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer & Business Intelligence, the Analyst, Marketing Database will play an important role in helping the RCM to improve: its understanding of customer lifecycle, measuring marketing campaign effectiveness, forecasting for customer conversion/retention and related revenues, and to explore for new customer segments through in-depth data analysis and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and validate accuracy of lists for electronic and print marketing campaigns ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Assist with developing an effective coding framework for list segmentation in all marketing campaigns to allow for efficient and added value information during analysis.
- Use data mining and other statistical analysis techniques, in combination with superior spreadsheet abilities, to develop and implement OLAP reporting templates, dashboards for specific initiatives and benchmark reports that provide key performance measurement and to perform basic statistical analyses such as trend analysis, variance, correlation analysis and stat testing.
- Create custom reports on an ad hoc basis and provide supplementary analysis to assist with the evaluation of marketing campaign effectiveness, track customer behavior and movements across segments within the database, attribute revenue to the appropriate marketing vehicles/channels and identify other drivers of insight important to growing the business.
- Identify re-occurring data requests – and ongoing reports – that are prime candidates for automation and work with IT BI Team to ensure successful implementation.
- Implement processes to streamline data requests and results sharing
- Support the development of forecast approaches and data modeling frameworks in response to evolving business requirements.
- Extract and coordinate delivery of data for various marketing initiatives, such as research projects and predictive models:
- Extract and gather customer and sales data from a variety of sources including a variety of relational databases, OLAP Sales Cubes, web analytics tools (such as Adobe SiteCatalyst), SilverPop, Google Analytics, telephony systems and the Oracle ATG Web Commerce platform for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Support CRM based data mining activities such as Customer Value Segmentation (segmentation scoring, maintenance and refinement), order purchase history and other customer attributes:
- Collaborate with cross-functional Teams in Sales, IT, Business Intelligence and Marketing as needed to ensure alignment on operational analyses and approaches; assist in designing, developing, testing, documenting, and supporting reports and quantitative processes.
- Become knowledgeable in the sales and marketing processes of the RCM to best support its customers and various lines of business.
- Bachelor of Commerce – Finance, Marketing or Statistics Options;
- Five years' experience developing business decision models to create forecasts and predictive models and using approaches and methods for data reduction, segmentation and statistical;
- Familiarity with the RCM's business and financial processes, ERP system and database structure;
- Experience using MS SQ? would be an asset (ie. using SQL with MS Report Builder), as would be experience using web analytics tools (such as Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics and Oracle/ATG Web Commerce platforms) for reporting and analysis purposes;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and database, statistical, and intelligence software/tools such as OLAP Cubes and Microsoft ACCESS;
- Strong database and data analysis skills with a solid business foundation Ã¢ especially in Marketing, Finance or Statistics;
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics AX and the Environics Envision platform are assets;
- Detailed oriented, organized, demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Willingness to learn additional statistical modeling and statistical software as needed;
- Ability to select appropriate approaches and explain recommendations and key findings to team members in the appropriate form so that marketing effectiveness and customer database issues are addressed accordingly;
- Strategic thinker, personable, self starter, independently results oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, Team player and genuinely customer focused; and
- Experience making presentations to peers/Management;
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.