Reporting to the Director, Product Strategy and Management, the Senior Manager, Product Management is accountable for the financial performance of product lines. Duties include collaborating with others to build integrated marketing plans and product roadmaps, establishing rigorous work processes for product design, packaging and pricing, monitoring product performance, spurring innovation and driving efficiencies. The Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing and mentoring a product management team of approximately 7 people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the success of product lines - sets strategy, articulates value proposition, product positioning, pricing, return-on-investment analysis and collaborates on promotion and channel strategy in support of business objectives
- Builds a comprehensive product plan that is grounded in market research, consumer insights and sales channel considerations
- Builds effective relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and NPI to achieve successful outcomes throughout the product lifecycle
- Analyzes and develops product performance dashboards and engages a cross-functional team to adjust tactics as needed and conduct post-mortems
- Monitors, analyzes and recommends pricing strategies based on market data, costs, revenue and profit drivers
- Builds competitive intelligence and articulates compelling value propositions
- Defines and updates processes to emphasize business rigor and agility
- Provides leadership, coaching and development to product management team, delivering candid and timely feedback
- Fosters an environment that combines data-driven analytical thinking with creativity and innovation
- Leverages a network of artists and service providers for product development initiatives
- Supports the delivery of strategic projects. This can include identifying the project scope, assembling a team, assessing the issues, defining project milestones, building a plan, and managing the implementation.
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Industrial Design
- Minimum 7-10 years related business experience; preferably in a consumer-oriented marketing /product management role.
- 5 years of demonstrated leadership in a management/supervisory capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of product development, design, manufacturing and launch as well as projects related to market research to drive demand for product.
- Sound knowledge of business environment in developing and implementing innovative plans, programs & strategies.
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and accountability with direct reports.
- Moves team forward by encouraging risk-taking, experimenting with unique ideas and working together to arrive at solutions.
- Exercises strategic vision to evaluate market & industry trends and opportunities.
- Communicates clearly with conviction to ensure exchange of information and execution of desired outcomes.
- Proactively seeks to put forth creative solutions when faced with challenges to channels, production, budget and timing of deliverables.
- Understands that this role is responsible for generating revenue and profit.
- Brings fresh ideas, perspective, approach and energy to development of coin and coin-related products to the Mint.
- Bilingualism is preferred.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.