Reporting to the Senior Manager, Information Security, the Analyst, is responsible for a broad range of tasks, including the day-to-day administration of information security tools and devices, alert and incident response, risk assessments and vulnerability scanning. The individual in this position interacts closely with personnel within the IT department — including the application development, operations and network, and client services — and with business departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy, manage and maintain security systems, including, intrusion detection systems, web access and messaging gateway filters, endpoint protection software, network access control systems, PKI, etc.
- Research, recommend, evaluate and implement information security solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations.
- Monitor logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution. Identify potential internal and external threats.
- Participate in security incident response efforts by, amongst other things, having an in-depth knowledge of common security exploits, vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Prioritizing remediation activities with operational teams through risk ratings of vulnerabilities and assets.
- Perform information risk and vulnerability assessments to identify deficiencies in security.
- Perform user or system security audits.
- Analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Serve as technical lead within Information Security projects.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Develop and maintain security documentation.
- University degree or certificate in related area or a combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered? Relevant information security certifications are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in in administering Information Security controls in an organization and performing risk and vulnerability assessments.
- Experience with IT compliance assessments (PCI etc.).
- Experience with IPS/IDS and SIEM technologies and other security technologies.
- Ability to balance security requirements with enabling the business
- Strong customer/client focus with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience; and build long-term relationships.
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and new products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion, and to maintain effective and harmonious working relations.
- A secret clearance will be required.
- English is essential. Bilingualism is an asset.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.