SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under supervision and within the policies and procedures of the Royal Canadian Mint, performs installations, maintenance and mechanical repairs and modifications to all production and building equipment and components.
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent with a valid Millwright Certification. Minimum five years of Industrial Mechanic experience in a manufacturing environment. Gas fitting license is an asset. HVAC experience is an asset. Bilingualism is an asset.
Skills & Abilities?
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot, disassemble, repair, assemble, adjust and install production and building machinery and industrial equipment or components.
- Ability to install/modify general piping/plumbing and components.Ã
- Ability to properly plan for operational activities and materials required.
- Ability to interpret manufacturer's recommendations and specifications.
- Ability to calibrate controls for systems and equipment.
- Ability to update preventive maintenance records and to enter information on computer system as required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with tact, and to prepare accurate reports on activities.
- Demonstrated skills in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Demonstrated welding skills.
- Proven mechanical skills.
- Computer and literacy skills are essential.
- Must demonstrate strong initiative, judgment and reliability.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to motivate and maintain a positive work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Very good knowledge of the appropriate personal protective equipment and health and safety principals, such as lock out/tag out activities.
- Necessary knowledge on how to troubleshoot and execute repairs on pumps, fans, furnaces, burners and compressors.
- Necessary knowledge on how to use various types of machinery including, but not limited to, lathes, drill-presses, milling machines, welding machines.
- Knowledge in repairing and maintaining hydraulic and pneumatic components/systems.
- Knowledge on how to properly read drawings/blue prints.
- Knowledge in performing routine mechanical maintenance using a preventive maintenance schedule.
This opening is to be filled on a continuous operation and/or shift work.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.