SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under supervision and within the policies and procedures of the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM), the Senior Category Specialist is a role that applies a systematic and disciplined approach to assisting with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies and procurement process within an assigned category? This role partners with internal stakeholders to bring the project to close. Expertise is required in the Operations-Facilities, Health and Safety, Research and Development and other categories if required, to ensure the organization achieves its strategic objectives.Ã
Language Requirements: English essential. Bilingualism is an asset.
Education and Experience
- University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in business administration, materials/operations management, or completion of a formal program in Procurement.
- Ã Completion of, or enrolment in, the Supply Chain Management Association's SCMP professional designation program.
- The following experience is required for this position with a preference in a government/public setting:
- 5 to 7 years of procurement experience, including formal tendering and contracting experience involving complex agreements.
- 5 to 7 years of experience leading procurement activities including RFQ, RFP, and (negotiated)NRFP
- Experience in understanding application of international trade agreements
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with internal Legal departments on supplier contracts and tender documents
- Experience in providing advice and recommendations to Stakeholders on contract compliance, supplier management issues and resolution.
- Experience in Project Management.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to conduct base-lining activities along with opportunity and risk assessments across applicable spend subcategories to support the category management approach.
- Ability to provide input in the development and implementation of the category management strategy using stakeholder, customer, and market driven insights. Prepare a preliminary category plan for review with Stakeholders (i.e. timing and procurement strategy).
- Ability to provide recommendations to Procurement management on procurement strategies and execute the procurement process accordingly. Ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, openness, fairness, and transparency of the procurement processes are maintained while attaining the best value for the organization. Provide guidance to stakeholders on all aspects of the competitive procurement process.
- Ability to work in partnership with Legal Services and other internal Stakeholders (Client, Finance and Risk) to ensure inputs are reflected accordingly throughout the procurement and contracting process. Develops negotiation strategies for approval by Management and executes negotiations during or outside the procurement process with complex agreements including negotiating a Best and Final Offers (BAFO).
- For specific categories, identify and resolve supplier performance issues to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.Ã Participate in business reviews with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Ability to identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives as required in Procurement or by the business area.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to the Procurement Specialists on procurement matters and activities.
- Facilitate various supplier assessments, such as financial, risk and vendor capabilities, negotiates financial instruments (payment bonds, letters of credit, etc.) with vendors, ensures RCM's risk is managed/mitigated through the contracting process with various terms and conditions; facilitates the aforementioned with internal Stakeholders (Client , Finance, Legal and Risk).
- Ensure all procurement documents and reports are accurately and properly maintained and recorded electronically (including in ERP system) for auditing purposes or Access to Information requests.
- Identify and resolve supplier performance issues facilitating performance improvement measures to ensure Stakeholder satisfaction. Ã Lead in business reviews with internal Stakeholders and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent business writing skills, including strong knowledge of contracts, legal terms, contract language writing, etc.
- Excellent negotiation skills, balancing risk mitigation and a win-win collaborative approach with Vendors.
- Strong analytical and research capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a cross-functional setting.
- Strong category, supply chain and procurement knowledge, especially relating to procurement.
- Demonstrated success helping Stakeholders develop statements of work, scoping documents in support of their business requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of legislative requirements and trade agreements relating to the Procurement field.
- Demonstrated success in making recommendations and level appropriate decisions.
- Strong experience with MS office suite.
- Solid working knowledge of ERP systems and project management software and other e-Procurement software (the latter considered an asset). .
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumÃ Ã © and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.