Manager, Tools/IDE Software Development
We are looking for an experienced, seasoned individual to manage and coordinate, through professional staff, the design, development and verification of QNX’s Development tools suite. This includes both traditional command-line compilers and debuggers, as well as the QNX Momentics Eclipse-based graphical development environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the architecture, development and testing of the QNX Momentics development tools suite.
- Manages the tools development team, which is involved in the design, development and testing of the Momentics suite; this includes assigning tasks, reviewing results, and providing leadership and mentoring to the team.
- Initiates for overall content decisions, with input/assistance from other groups.
- Provides guidance to software developers as to design protocols and desired functionality in development programs. Provides interface with clients on custom development projects to ensure clear understanding of desired functionality.
- Develops and ensures implementation of policies, procedures and quality standards and monitoring systems to track issues and compliance or adherence to safety standards as required.
- Liaises with Quality Assurance staff in development of quality standards and during course of quality review of software under development.
- Recommends program refinements and changes to better achieve desired functionality and/or enhance program capabilities. Advises designers in the use of various design tools.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and
- 6 – 8 years (minimum) experience in software design/development along with 2 – 5 years supervisory experience.
- A passion for developing software
- Innovative attitude and creative problem solver
- Experience with most of the following technologies (Eclipse, Java, C mandatory)
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills; the ability to work within a team and participate actively in design and architecture discussions
- Create innovative solutions and push our tools to exceed our customer’s needs
- Create software specifications and designs that address customer needs
- Identify and resolve complex problems in the software. Strive for exceptional quality in our products
- Superior communication (fluent English written and verbal) skills required
- Experience with the design and implementation of software development tools.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable software design and development practices, programming languages and techniques and operating platforms.
- Experience with the C and Java programming languages, associated best practices and tools.
- Experience developing tools for an integrated development environment.
- Experience developing nad maintaining Eclipse based and cloud based tools.
- Experience port and migrate new versions of command line toolchain to QNX (gcc, binutils, gdb etc)