Spartan Bioscience is a leading biotech / biotechnology company in Ottawa, Ontario with a point-of-care medical device platform for DNA diagnostics. Spartan is seeking an energetic and meticulous Software Engineer for DevOps to join Spartan’s team of seasoned engineers and help us bring the power of DNA testing to everyone.
Do you want to work on something that really matters? Spartan is bringing rapid, portable DNA testing to the world. Our sample-to-result technology enables unprecedented portability and convenience in applications such as infectious disease, pharmacogenetics, and food and water safety testing. Rapid DNA results improve lives. We need your help to make this world a reality.
- You will create and maintain the IT infrastructure that's needed to support software code development and release in dedicated, multi-tenant or hybrid cloud environments.
- You will select an appropriate deployment model, generate the testing protocol to validate releases.
- After release, you will monitor performance and alert development staff of issues.
- Work with the dev team to tackle the coding and scripting needed to test releases, determine the root cause of errors, and fix those errors.
Qualifications (be very specific in your application):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years related experience
- Linux, Python, Git
- Infrastructure spin-up including AWS or Azure familiarity
- Amazing interpersonal skills
- Able to work well independently and within a small team
- Continuous integration – e.g. C# applications, Python service scripts
- Windows Development & Test
Top 10 reasons to work at Spartan Bioscience:
- We work because we believe in what we do. No one punches the clock.
- Supportive team. We're here for each other. No lone wolves.
- Comfortable dress code. Jeans and T-shirt if you're not meeting customers.
- Balance work and play. You're allowed to have a life.
- We get things done. No excuses. No red tape.
- Speak your mind. Anyone may challenge the CEO.
- Waste not, want not. We make the most out of what we have.
- Meaningful mission. Faster DNA results improve lives.
- Help make history. Bring the power of DNA testing to everyone.
- There is such a thing as a free lunch after all. Company lunch every Friday.