FarmLead is an online grain marketplace that is changing the way grain is bought and sold across North America. We’ve now helped farmers successfully negotiate nearly 2.5 million tonnes of grain and were highlighted as one of Forbes’ most innovative startups in agriculture for 2017. We are currently seeking motivated individuals looking to challenge themselves and contribute to a special team.
FarmLead is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to help deliver a better overall customer experience for FarmLead users in Western Canada. As a member of the team, you will be actively qualifying and on-boarding new farmers onto the FarmLead marketplace.
Here are the ways that you will make an impact:
- Help onboard new grain sellers and buyers onto the FarmLead Marketplace, educating them on the value proposition and helping them to post their grain deals on the marketplace.
- Report directly to management on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support successful outbound campaigns.
- Team closely with other sales support reps and management to qualify new users, nurture relationships, and help guide users through closing grain deals on the Marketplace.
- Track all activities and lead management activities in our custom company backend software and CRM tools.
- Consult with FarmLead users on the benefits of joining the FarmLead Marketplace and having access to our growing community of grain sellers and buyers.
- Identify needs and goals of our users and demonstrate how FarmLead can help grow their business and alleviate pain points.
- Become an expert of the FarmLead Marketplace; gather user feedback, monitor activity, opportunity and provide recommendations for added improvements.
- A Relationship Builder: You excel at developing strong personal and professional relationships. You are generous with your time & strive to meet customers ever need, and you work hard to resolve any issues or tensions that might frustrate users or hurt the user experience.
- Ambitious: You are intrinsically motivated by doing the best work of your life, yet humble and excited to learn. We are giving you the chance to demonstrate your ambition within integral parts of the company.
- A Problem Solver: Your consistent focus & attention to detail makes you a reliable and trusted resource for anyone you work with. You take pride in staying on top of things, always following up when promised, ensure service issues related to on-boarding and execution are addressed as soon as possible.
- Proactive: You despise procrastination and enjoy tackling tasks swiftly. An inbox with 10+ unread emails just isn’t your thing and might even keep you up at night.
- Naturally Curious: You easily detect problems. Problem-solving is a major part of your individual arsenal, and you do not give up until it is right.
- Team Player: You contribute, you listen, you help when needed and ask for help when you need. You understand the vision of this company moves forward only when we work as a team.
- Malleable: You exhibit the dynamic personality & high level of emotional intelligence necessary to help make all of your team members better regardless of their various personality profiles.
What we need from you:
- Work out of our Ottawa HQ
- Tech savvy, be it on the phone or computer
- Creative thinker with the ability to present ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Coach-ability. Open to new ideas and feedback. Constantly looking to improve your skill
- Thrive in a competitive team environment. You want to be the best & love being part of a special team.
- Previous experience in farming, grain marketing, grain trading, or grain freight brokerage is a nice-to-have but not a necessity.
- Another plus is if you're originally from a small town in Western Canada
Amazing Perks and Benefits at FarmLead:
- Startup culture with lots of room for growth and impact
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Formal and informal career development
- Transparent environment; all team members have access to company performance information and leadership team
- Comprehensive employee benefits plan that starts immediately
- Employee stock options (You’re an owner in the company!)