About the role:
Shopify empowers more than 500,000 merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. Our mission is ambitious, and that means we’re hiring great people to join us to meet the needs of our merchants. Internal teams work together to make the logistics of onboarding a smooth and efficient experience for new employees, as well as a process that is scalable as we grow. We’re looking for someone to join our team as the Onboarding Logistics Specialist who is passionate about people and process.
You’ll be a part of the Internal Solutions team at Shopify, and our mandate is to support the day-to-day lives of Shopifolk by finding solutions that enhance their experience and productivity with Shopify’s operations. In this role, you’ll be enhancing the experience and productivity of all internal teams who work with onboarding logistics. You’ll be examining, developing, and tweaking our onboarding logistics processes from beginning to end (AKA: from pre-hire to new hire).
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Build relationships with many different teams and stakeholders across all of our offices: Program Managers, IT Onboarding, HR, Internal Solutions, Talent Acquisition, and more
- Work with these teams to find out what’s working well and what’s not, and develop and implement new solutions to find the best process for all teams
- Owning communication tools to keep us all on the same page (eg. spreadsheets, process documents), and implementing ways we will collect and use data
- Identify more efficient tools for our current processes, and experiment with ways to help us work together more smoothly and effectively
- Teaching new stakeholders about the process, communicating changes and updates clearly, and providing training as needed
You’ll need to have:
- Experience driving collaborative thought and discussion amongst many teams for positive results (with specific examples!)
- Experience owning complex projects from start to finish
- Examples switching between high-level strategic thinking and detail-oriented work
- Experience developing and aligning a team on a shared goal, and supporting execution
- A deep interest in supporting people’s experiences throughout an entire process
- Equal excitement about people, process, and data
It’d be a bonus if you had:
- Experience working with data, whether through research or analysis
- Experience working on and with remote teams
- Experience with process management
- A love of spreadsheets
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Maryn is looking forward to reading your application.
This application will close on February 9, 2018.