Community Development Representative
Come join us!
Assent Compliance “Assent” is the leader in cloud-based compliance automation software. We are a rapidly growing, energetic and exciting company with the mission to make the world a better place with our software. We are looking for a full-time, permanent Community Development Representative to join our fast-paced MarketingTeam.
Based in Ottawa, Ontario and reporting to the Manager, Community Development, the Community Development Representative assists in the demand and lead generation and qualification throughout the marketing funnel through phone and email. The Community Development team has significant impact on the growth of Assent’s business through demand and lead generation activities including, lead qualification, new customer acquisition, customer expansion and scaling pipelines to meet aggressive growth targets. The Community Development team generates qualified opportunities from various lead sources including, marketing and product generated leads, and other lead generating activities as required.
What you will do:
- Work with the Community Development team and larger Demand Generation & Marketing Strategy team to reach Assent’s aggressive growth targets
- Provide exceptional lead generation and qualification activities for leads generated by Assent’s Marketing department, products and services
- Assist the Corporate Events Marketing team on registration and other lead generation-related activities
- Strategize and execute on miscellaneous business development activities which complement those of the Business Development team
- Provide support for these activities through phone, email and online chat channels
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities sufficient to consistently meet and exceed target quota objectives
- Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards
- Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
This is an overall summary - Everyone at Assent is asked to contribute in a wide variety of ways to ensure company goals and priorities are achieved.
Who you are:
- You have a strong work ethic, you are self-motivated, hungry to win, and challenge yourself
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines
- You are highly adaptable, flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving and ambiguous environment
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge - you consider yourself a lifelong learner and naturally curious about technology or how things work
- You have grit - you are conscientious, resilient, are dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results
What you should bring:
- One year of relevant professional experience in a call centre environment in a Marketing or Sales role
- A University, College and/or Post Graduate Certificate in Marketing, Business, Commerce or a related field would be considered an asset
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite and Google Applications
Nice to have:
- You have experience in a relevant role in a B2B SaaS company
- You are familiar with the marketing funnel and how to drive leads forward
- You have previous account management or sales experience
- You have excellent spoken and written skills in a second language
- You have international experience with global and localized marketing strategies
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills, will also be considered.
What We Offer You:
Assent has built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
- A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An awesome workplace in Ottawa’s East End across from St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Assent is an equal opportunity employer.