Information Management Analyst, P1
1607-2296653 Canada-Ontario-Ottawa Information Technology Contract, Full-Time 12.0 Months 1 Jan 22, 2018 Not Required College Diploma English
You will work closely with the Information Management lead to support both day to day customer and business requests and long term projects relating to Information Management and data security. This will include assisting in the development of policies, standards, procedures and compliance measures that relate to data handling, document retention and all other aspects of information security.
- Perform technical tasks and analyze information (including annual access reviews) by reconciling, analyzing, reviewing and verifying data, as well as producing regular reports - including the documentation of evidence for audit purposes
- Interact with customers to identify and define system requirements, resolve technical issues and/or provide on-going assistance/support relating to access controls/requests and administration of data, tools, queries and reports
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of compliant external and internal collaborative environments
- Help develop, implement and refine Information Management including tools, methods and work processes
- Provide information or interpretation relating to policies, programs, processes and practices.
- Assist with the design and implementation of an Information management policy addressing all aspects of IM including security
- Assist with developing and the delivery of a training and communication program to raise awareness of Information Management Governance issues
- Work with Corporate Security and IT Security to understand, implement and enforce compliance related requests
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability and initiative to quickly learn new tools
- Intermediate/Advanced use of various office software tools: MS Office Suite (particularly Word and Excel), database applications
- Experience in SharePoint administration beneficial but not required
- Experience in scripting beneficial but not required
- College diploma or university degree in Information Technology, Library Technology, Technical Writing or another related field.
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance. Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.