We are looking for an Intermediate Software Developer to develop and deliver customized control system solutions for the production of live content such as sports, broadcast, trade show, and social media. These solutions are delivered as a creative and technical service for internal need and for our customers.Responsible for the execution of and participation in creative and technical services activities, including, but not limited to:Custom Application Development:
Device and Data Integration:
- Evaluate customer requirements to design custom user interfaces and data parsing solutions for use in broadcast environments, in particular, real time graphics applications.
- Authoring of custom software as per customer requirements. Based on these requirements solutions could be any of, or a combination of; Web applications, Native Windows applications, and DashBoard, Ross Video Ltd’s control, monitoring and workflow automation software.
- Work with the customer and Creative Services Project Manager to gain final acceptance of the user interfaces.
- Assist in the development of turnkey graphics solutions for resale that may require modified control and data parsing interfaces.
- Develop integrations to external data sources for use in real time graphics applications (XML, HTML, XSLT, JSON, Database, HTTP)
- Develop tight control of the XPression real time graphics system via the XPression COM API and or via external TCP/IP protocol.
- Develop control of other Ross video Products (switchers, servers, routers etc.) when required.
- Develop control of third party devices when required
- Travels to customer sites to commission field integrations with customer equipment that is not available in Ross Video Ltd’s laboratory for practical reasons (not all cases).
- Works with Ross team members to identify and curate commonly used devices and user interface patterns to enable increasingly rapid development of new custom solutions that are partially based on these.
- Creates and documents operational guidelines and custom scripting methods to ensure that Ross can effectively support customers in the future.
- B.Eng or B.Sc. required in one of the following: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Video/Film Production
- Knowledge of object oriented software development
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking including detailed familiarity with UDP, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SLP
- Knowledge of Python would be an asset
- Ability to handle conflict in a professional and calm manner
- Organized and very detail orientated
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills
- Problem solver
- Able to work co-operatively with Ross and end users and a good fit with our Code of Ethics and Culture Statements
- Web Application development experience is required
- Video or multimedia production experience is highly desirable
- System Integration experience
- Face time with customers
- Experience with Ross Dashboard and Ross XPression preferred.
- Willing to travel on a project-by-project basis, and spend the working week at customer premises.
- Valid passport
- Valid driver’s license
- Occasional requirement to set-up equipment – involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
- Ross Ottawa Office
- Some travel required, up to 20%.