Technician 2 , IUDC 07
1619-2296188 Canada-Ontario-Ottawa Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Purchasing Permanent, Full-Time 4 Jan 16, 2018 Not Required College Diploma English
Under standard support and guidance:
- For electronic & electro-mechanical product & equipment of simple to medium complexity, perform testing utilizing automated computer based test stations semi-automated test set-ups, and/or manual test set-ups
- Ability to interpret & operate universal test equipment such as; oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, power supplies, etc, environmental chambers ,vibration tables, associated test equipment
- Perform calibration and tuning on products, perform self-test on test equipment
- Able to troubleshoot from system to component level circuits of simple to medium complexity by exercising knowledge of complex technical data (i.e. printed circuit board density, software and code functionality, smart chips, etc)
- Able to identify and resolve technical difficulties
- Comprehends & utilizes schematic diagrams, drawings, parts lists, bills of materials, assembly instructions, quality tracking systems (including failure reports, quality charts, etc.) process routing sheets, acceptance test procedures and tests results
- Accountable for completion of work orders on time
- Completes assigned tasks within expected productivity outputs
- Communicate, prioritize and multitasks to achieve team goals
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Skills & Experience
- Over 2 years up to and including 3 years of relevant work experience
- Requires a two year Community College Electronics Technician Diploma
- Continuous movement amongst workstation equipment to complete work
- Repetitive hand/finder movement is required for continuous periods of time
- Continuous lifting of low weight items with limited lifting of items with considerable weight
- Moderate degree of visual concentration for periods of time required in testing or troubleshooting of software and hardware for all levels
- Some isolation while in production; limited exposure to chemicals, fumes, dust and noise; some repetition; moderation interruptions and occasional high volumes/multiple and tight deadlines
- Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance. Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.