The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. We’re best known for managing the .CA Internet domain, but we’re doing much more to strengthen the Internet in Canada and around the world. We are building programs, products and services that leverage all the Internet has to offer to help build a better online Canada, while providing a safe, secure and trusted online experience to all Canadians.
With over two and a half million .CA domain names registered and growing, and as one of the fastest growing country code domain registries in the world, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has been named by AON as one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015 and platinum status for 2016 and 2017. We are looking for talented professionals who are passionate about the future of the internet and who value working with a seasoned team.
What you’ll do:
You will be tasked with being a key resource in the development of all new features as required by various users of CIRA’s .CA Registry management service solution. You will be responsible for identifying areas for improvement and will be expected to possess the ability to assess and recommend new technologies as they pertain to the existing architecture. You will guide other developers with code review and mentorship and have strong interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated aptitude for fostering collaboration and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in major application development initiatives from inception through to deployment.
- Work as a member of an Agile development team.
- Co-ordinate application testing and deployment with the testing and operations team members.
- Provide supplemental database design and development activities.
- Confer with clients and users to gather requirements and determine operational requirements.
- Work with the Technical Writer to help guide the preparation and deliver application documentation.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior staff.
What you bring:
- Degree in a Computer Science related discipline or equivalent, with a minimum of 4-7 years of experience with strong web application design and development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development in Java/J2EE.
- Experience with UNIX based development is essential with knowledge of Linux.
- Experience with WebLogic or JBoss.
- Experience developing applications for a highly available, clustered J2EE architecture an asset.
- Strong understanding of web application development, including: security, application design, session management, performance, multi-language support, and internationalization.
- Strong understanding of the J2EE technology stack including: EJB (Session, MDB), JPA, JMS, JAAS.
- Experience developing applications consuming / producing XML.
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and SQL. Experience with Oracle desired.
- Experience with Git or other version control software.
- Ability to work with a team of diverse technical individuals.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with other departments and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience using an Agile development process.
- Understanding of or exposure to critical registry related technologies, such as DNS and WHOIS.
- Shell scripting, batching and automation work of software build and deployment
- Experience or knowledge of EPP, DNSSEC.