IT Software Engineer (Co-op) 4 months
1614-2295922 Canada-Ontario-Ottawa Engineering Contract, Full-Time 4.0 Months 1 May 1, 2018 Jan 11, 2018 Not Required Some Post Secondary Education English
As the IT Software Engineer, you will be responsible for design and programming, with emphasis on user requirements, definition for business and engineering applications. Working as a student Software Developer, you will support development and maintenance of business and engineering applications while working with end users to understand their business functions and processes. Through project participation, you will define, develop, and configure software solutions and/or custom applications that meet business requirements and become the subject matter expert within the area of responsibility.
- Defines and documents user objectives and requirements
- Analyzes user requirements and prepares recommendations
- Assists in the preliminary top level design of new applications
- Prepares implementation plans and schedules
- Prepares requirements definition reports
- Supports senior team members in the logical and physical design on new applications and any interfaces
- Determines and executes test requirements
- Prepares user and technical specifications
- Designs, codes and unit tests computer programs and when required, he/she is called upon to tackle simple to moderately complex programming problems
- Works with senior team members in outlining processing procedures to satisfy operational requirements and conducts system tests, and user training
- Supports non-technical users of standard microcomputer hardware and software. Assists in the evaluation and use of non-standard microcomputer hardware and software
- Participate in license management – deploy and monitor licenses if applicable
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 0-3 months of relevant education
The following would be an asset:
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced database skills, application architecture and support
- Perl and shell scripting
- Trouble shooting skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor degree in Computer Science
What’s in it for you?
- A truly unique experience
- Highly-complex programs, projects, and products that make a difference around the world
- Dynamic and diverse team environment
- Flexible work environment
- Access to a wide variety of recreational activities and events
- Highly competitive compensation
The only limits are those you set for yourself…
- Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance.Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.