Are you passionate about technology? Driven to win? Excited to learn? Fidus wants to hear from you! We have an opening in the area of Embedded Software - MCU. Expect to grow, expect to have an impact, and expect challenge.
Embedded Software Designer - MCU
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strength in object oriented design principles and implementation
- Familiarity with networking protocols
- Experience with Linux in both desktop and embedded configurations
- Familiarity with PERL, TCL, Python script languages, and the Xilinx SDK
- Exhibit strong communication skills, are fluent in English, have great customer interaction presence, and quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Proven techniques and habits that lead to high quality design
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience coding using RTOS and bare metal environments
- Knowledge of assembly, C, and C++ programming in embedded environments, and proficiency in the tools used in these development environments.
- A background in low cost microcontrollers and advanced, multi-core processors, including the use of low level device drivers and boot-loaders
- An understanding of digital hardware design and in HW/SW/FPGA integration
- Experience with the complete software design cycle, from requirement definition through to system integration and verification
We are working on leading edge technologies within our three areas of expertise:
- High Speed Communication
- High Resolution Video
- High Performance Computing
Fidus leads in system, hardware, and embedded software design; providing a technical advantage to our global clients, from tech giants to start-ups. As a part of our elite team of FPGA, Hardware, Signal Integrity, and Embedded Software specialists, there is a broad range of design opportunities in a wide variety of clients and industry verticals.
Advantages of Working with Fidus:
- Cutting edge technology. As a Xilinx Premium Partner, Fidus is involved in assessing and implementing the newest technologies, often before they are released to market
- An exposure to a large variety of projects and technologies, in many industries
- Ability to direct your career path, in the highly sought after areas of High Performance Computing
- Flexible work hours and location
- Additional benefits include onsite fitness facility, fully stocked kitchen, and competitive health and dental benefits
- Fidus was ranked as one of the top Small and Medium Sized Employers in Canada, 2015.
Thank you for your interest in Fidus! We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.