Who we are:
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. We’re best known for managing the .CA Internet domain, but we’re doing much more to strengthen the Internet in Canada and around the world. We are building programs, products and services that leverage all the Internet has to offer to help build a better online Canada, while providing a safe, secure and trusted online experience to all Canadians.
With over two and a half million .CA domain names registered and growing, and as one of the fastest growing country code domain registries in the world, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has been named by AON as one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015 and platinum status for 2016 and 2017. We are looking for talented professionals who are passionate about the future of the internet and who value working with a seasoned team.
Who you are:
You are a seasoned, dynamic individual possessing progressive experience in Network Administration and have a desire to play a key role in the on-going development of Canada’s .CA Internet domain name registration system. You are passionate about innovative ways to market and harnessing the latest technology and trends. You can hold your own yet you know how to be a true team player. You are dynamic, flexible, and enjoy a challenge. The notion of building trusted Canadian values online energizes you.
What you’ll do:
As a key member of the CIRA IT Ops team, the Junior Network Administrator is responsible for the support, administration and maintenance of CIRA’s network infrastructure.
- Provide standard ICT operations functions for CIRA’s network and security infrastructure including incident management, change management, problem management, inventory management, IT continuity and other ITIL disciplines as adopted by CIRA.
- Provide day-to-day support, administration, maintenance and management of CIRA’s network infrastructure.
- Responsible for WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN, Internet, and intranet network maintenance, including routers, switches.
- Provide support for data center operations including racking; overseeing structured cabling, data center expansion and/or migration.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date infrastructure monitoring.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback by identifying network optimization opportunities.
- Create and report on network health and utilization metrics and dashboards.
- Responsible for owning and maintaining all infrastructure documentation and diagrams.
- Contribute to research and development of technical solutions.
- Participate in an agile based workflow and attending daily stand up.
- Participate in a rotating 24/7 on call schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations and the NetSec Team Lead.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience administering Cisco switches routers and firewalls.
- Strong foundation in networking; specifically Layers 1-4.
- Methodical and logical approach to troubleshooting.
- Experience working in high availability environments.
- Knowledge of network monitoring applications using SNMP, SNMP-trap and syslog
- Ability to work well both independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task within a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and strong problem solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in computer science, computer systems or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Data Centre switching product line
- Experience with Cisco ISR and ASR routing platforms
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls/VPN appliances
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls would be beneficial
- Experience administering IPv6 networks.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience with Internet applications (web servers, mail servers, DNS, etc.).
- LAN and WAN administration certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNP).
- Security clearance.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.