Kinaxis® is a leading-edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Sikorsky, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation features of world-class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for:
SaaS System Administrator
Reporting to the Director, Global SaaS Operations, the SaaS System Administrator serves as a technical expert in system administration for operating systems issues (Windows and Linux). The SaaS System Administrator is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and operations for all Kinaxis critical SaaS enterprise systems.
As a member of our SaaS operations team, you will be supporting the Kinaxis Private Cloud Infrastructure hosting the production and testing environments. You will also identify solutions, provide operational task leadership, and provide a high level of service to ensure the availability and scalability of Kinaxis’ product solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on SaaS deployed hardware, software, and operating systems
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computing resources
- Administers all SaaS based systems deployed in the Kinaxis Data Centers. These include the infrastructure supporting VMWare, Linux, Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 server deployments and Citrix server environments, Microsoft Active Directory, SQL and Windows 7 and 10 testing VMs
- Manages the Data Center and computer host systems including hardware, software and all Kinaxis deployed equipment
- Facilitates on-call support (24x7x365 on a rotation); duties include investigating and troubleshooting as required
- Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Take an active role in the administration and monitoring of corporate site SOC II compliance
- Creates and maintains appropriate system documentation and change management requests
- Recommends and tests the configuration and base deployments of operating systems and system applications
- Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and maintains, recommends system specifications
Things You Should Have
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 3 - 7 years' experience managing medium infrastructure environments
- 3+ years' experience using various monitoring tools to proactively monitor all aspects on the SaaS infrastructure
- Able to work on-call and support of the SaaS infrastructure, (24x7x365 on a rotation basis)
- Possess a valid passport and available to travel in the US and other countries for Data Center maintenances and deployments
- Must have experience in ITIL-based methodologies including Incident and Change Management
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; able to work with technicians from various engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level issues
- Strong technical skills, having operational ownership mindset and proven team building capabilities
- Demonstrated ability in staying abreast of technical developments in the industry and aligning them with strategic company objectives
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.)
Technologies We Use
- Proven experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016.
- Strong VMWare/HyperV deployment environment experience
- Enterprise level monitoring system experience (Nagios/Logic Monitor)
- Maintaining Enterprise Backup Systems (Nakivo/CommVault/ARCServe)
- Windows Active Directory experience
Things That Would Definitely Help
- Linux (RedHat/CentOS)
- Puppet Scripting
- PowerShell Scripting
- Windows Automation System
If you want to be part of a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.