Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. The Fraud Operations team at Shopify is responsible for the day-to-day operation and sustainable growth of our payments services, fraud and risk detection, and merchant compliance for all Shopify merchants. We want to catch fraudsters, mitigate risk and ensure compliance to protect our bottom line, whilst still supporting legitimate businesses for continued sustainable growth.
In order to maintain the sterling reputation our company has for delivering world-class online commerce, we are looking to solidify our team. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile Fraud Analysts.
What you will be working on:
- Performing risk evaluations of Shopify merchants by reviewing documentation, using 3rd party sources and creative use of the web
- Contributing to the development of fraud detection systems
- Reviewing cardholder transaction details for signs of fraud or abnormalities
- Analyzing merchant events and actions, and setting the appropriate controls in response
- Performing complex fraud investigations to detect and uncover fraud instances and possible fraud rings
- Minimizing merchant loss by proactively assisting merchants with Fraud and dispute avoidance
- Work in a collaborative and innovative environment on projects and assignments to improve efficiency in fraud prevention and risk detection
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years of operational experience in financial transaction processing or analysis with a direct focus on risk and fraud
- Experience detecting Card-not-present fraud
- Experience in risk evaluations, underwriting, and fraud detection
- Knowledge of the rules set forth by the card associations
- Some experience with SQL and reporting tools
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptualization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks of varying complexity under time constraints
- Flexibility to work weekends
- Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual in one of the following languages: Japanese, German, Spanish, Cantonese
If you're interested in helping to shape the future of commerce, click the "Apply now" button to submit your application. Note: your application must include answers to the questions on the following page.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
This posting will close at noon on Monday, January 22nd , 2018.