Your belief is that C is the language of gods. When you create a union on a block of memory that is both an integer and an array of bytes you feel a rush that a Java developer could not even begin to comprehend. You don't always divide by 2, but when you do, you occasionally use >> 1.
If this rings true for you, then you are the kind of developer Crank needs now!
Crank is looking for software developers to further develop and enhance its Storyboard graphics engine for embedded and real-time executive systems.
Skills that we are looking for include:
- Experience working with cross compilation toolchains on Linux or in embedded development tools such as IAR Embedded Workbench or ARM Development Studio. You understand why having /usr/include in your include path isn't 'a good thing'.
- Comfortable working with embedded targets in the Linux, QNX or WinCE family and an interest in mobile development with Android and iOS. Editing on target files using a serial connection or ssh terminal doesn't phase you because text is your friend.
- Debuggers rock, but if you can't get your hands on one you can still reason your way though logic and race conditions with a few judicious trace statements.
- Experience working with embedded hardware and enough self control that you won't toss every mis-configured piece of hardware across the room (until we are sure we don't need it!). Embedded hardware we've run real-time executives on include Renesas SH2/RZ, STM Discovery, NXP 1788, Xilix FPGA and others
- Experience implementing and debugging lower level software functionality such as memory pool allocators and synchronization primitives such as a condition variable.
- Well organized and self-directed with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new tools and environments.
- Enthusiasm and interest in graphics and embedded technology.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
This is a position that will provide exposure to a number of different hardware platforms, operating systems, and development tools. If you like variety and think you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org