Lixar is looking for a DevOps Specialist to join our team. As a key contributor, you will help Lixar take our professional services practice to the next level. The ideal candidate will be a committed professional who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
What you will be doing:
- Design, configure and execute development builds
- Help define and evolve a DevOps culture at Lixar
- Create and support practices designed to improve build release and deployment automation
- Regularly lead client production deployments with automation tools
- Analyze and diagnose build compilation, dependency, failures and issues
- Work on server configuration, database set-up, and deployment processes
- On a daily basis, interact with I.T., Development, QA and Production Support to deliver quality builds and maintain quality production
- Document and maintain build and environment configuration artefacts
As an experienced DevOps Specialist you will have:
- 5+ years of industry experience supporting and designing scripted build processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Unix/CentOS and Windows server
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems
- Experience with one or more Continuous Integration (CI) or build management tools is a must – Teamcity and Jenkins
- Experience scripting with Bash and Python
- Experience with automation and configuration management – Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers
- Expert level source code management experience
- Solid understanding of Apache, NGINX, Tomcat, IIS
- Experience with MySQL, PSQL, MSSQL databases and Flyway
- A solid understanding of Docker and Docker Compose
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Rancher
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects of varying priority to meet customer demands
Preferably, you will also have:
- Experience with Maven, Sumo Logic, App Dynamics, XCode, PHP
- A love for automation
- Be organized and process-oriented
- Creative approach to challenges
- Understanding of overall software development life cycle
- Experience working in a company where teamwork is paramount
- Experience in Agile development and / or Continuous Deployment methodologies is a definite asset
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Self direction – the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have commitment to quality and high attention to detail
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.