We are looking for an energetic Android developer who can take on our current in-house Android software development. You use Design Patterns extensively and are familiar with BDD and TDD methodologies: you write tests before write or change code and are familiar with automated testing frameworks on Android Devices. You can work with legacy code, develop automated tests, and refactor as needed. You are an expert at Android studio, use Jira and Git, and can work independently. Experience with Network communication and sockets is an asset.
Reporting to the Development Manager, you will be responsible for debugging, refactoring, and enhancing our Android applications as well as mentoring junior developers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- All aspects of Android development, taking on new features, debugging existing code, optimizing as needed.
- Individuals will have a great deal of autonomy, and are expected to effectively manage their time.
- The position requires an individual who is self-starting, creative, adaptive, and able to think through tasks from start to finish.
- Candidates should be comfortable working with a remote team, and take constructive feedback from other team members.
- Expert at Android Java development with Android Studio.
- Experience with Linux’s command level interface.
- Comfortable with Git and Jira.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and build functionally-robust code.
- Experience profiling and debugging connecting projects across domains using automated frameworks such as Robot Framework.
- Ability to produce concise documentation outlining usage and test cases.
- Working knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL database architectures.
To be determined by experience.
Send your résumé, covering letter, and design experience (e.g. URLs of sites worked on, Github repository links, etc.) to email@example.com.