Our Quality Assurance Team located in Ottawa, Canada is focused on validating and verifying modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The Team works closely and collaboratively with our Product Management, Development and Customer Support teams to design, build and execute tests that will ensure our groundbreaking and disruptive new insurance products and solutions fulfill customer and stakeholder needs and expectations. We are constantly looking for opportunities to innovate and improve.
As a Test Automation Lead, you have primary responsibility for designing, implementing, maintaining and evolving an efficient test automation framework and platform that is scalable across one or more product lines and test phases. You proactively seek to strategize and innovate, applying strong business and technical acumen, collaboration and communication skills to realize Slice’s business priorities. You employ a flexible and focused approach striving for balance across business value, customer need, market expectation and user experience.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, subject matter experts, business analysts, designers and software engineers to maximize product quality and business value.
- Design, develop, maintain and optimize a test automation platform/framework including tools, data, processes and procedures.
- Create and maintain test automation release plans and product backlogs; apply excellent judgement to prioritize features for development. Align and evolve the testing framework with our underlying product releases.
- Key member of the product scrum cross-functional teams: facilitate product design and development for testability, evaluate user stories, communicate requirements and validate and verify product capabilities.
- Act as a translation layer between the customer’s requirements, product design and what we deploy; work closely with product management to understand the customer’s real needs and translate business scenarios, technical risks and problems into tests to evaluate and assess the readiness of our products for customer use.
- Execute automated tests, review and report results and adjust tests as necessary
- University or college degree in computer science, engineering or a business related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years experience as a Test Automation Specialist for one or more consumer-based product(s)
- Insurance or financial product experience (nice to have)
- Test Analyst and/or Test Automation training and certification is a plus
Required for Success:
- Strong leadership presence; commitment and focus.
- You possess a highly effective communication style, able to convey and understand business and technical needs to and from any level of audience.
- You have an inherent sense of ownership; thrive in a busy environment, multi-tasking, following up on deliverables or milestones, and getting things done.
- You have a solution-focused drive and a can-do attitude with a commitment to achieving your goals.
- You appreciate the fast-pace and opportunity a startup environment provides.
If this opportunity excites you, please send us your resume to email@example.com and let us know why!
JOIN SLICE AND HELP US CHANGE HOW INSURANCE IS BOUGHT AND SOLD IN THE SHARING ECONOMY.